Grouting is a form of ground improvement in which pumpable mix is injected into the soil/ rock to improve its in situ parameters. Reinforcement, densification, and or reduced permeability is imparted to the soil/ rock mass on altering its physical characteristics. Jet, compaction, fracture and permeation grouting achieve this upon injection of grout mix by eroding, displacing, fracturing and permeating the soil/ rock strata respectively. Following are the applications:
- Stabilise and strengthen soil to satisfy loading requirements of proposed structure.
- Underpin foundations to decrease settlement and increase bearing capacity in rehabilitation of buildings
- Mitigate liquefaction by densifying loose soil
- Create barriers to ground water flow to ensure dry working areas.
- Provide excavation support for deep excavations